The Henshaw farm, which was adjacent to the Ward farm, had been leased to tenants who paid the Wards with a share of the produce. In 1843 this arrangement ended and the main farm took over all agricultural production.
The house was restored according to museum practices of the day. For instance, custom carpets with period-appropriate designs were produced and installed. The inside of the house has changed very little since this restoration, as it is no longer accepted practice to restore houses as part of the interpretation. Read more about 1975 - House restored to 1830 period