National Historic Preservation Act passed
Served at Second and Third Continental Congress.
The Henshaw farm, which was adjacent to the Ward farm, had been leased to tenants who paid the Wards with a share of the produce. In 1843 this arrangement ended and the main farm took over all agricultural production.
Edward E. Wheelock, superintendent, continued to run the farm and recorded 24 head of livestock.