Ella, Clara and Florence became caretakers
Samuel Denny Ward was the last Ward to farm the property.
Artemas Ward took ownership of the saltbox house and moved in with his family. Prior to this point they had been living in a different house in the center of town.
The Henshaw farm, which was adjacent to the Ward farm, had been leased to tenants who paid the Wards with a share of the produce. In 1843 this arrangement ended and the main farm took over all agricultural production.